Your Go-to Guide for
Canadian English Usage
The Latest Guidance
New and Improved!
SOME COMMON QUESTIONS ADDRESSED IN ECE3:
- What are the differences between proofreading, copy editing, stylistic editing, and structural editing, and how do I know which role is required?
- When is it appropriate to adapt Canadian words that an international audience might stumble over?
- What are the biases common in Canada and how do I correct for them?
- How do I settle on a Canadian spelling when even our dictionaries can’t agree?
- What punctuation issues are specific to Canada?
- How do I reconcile the metric versus imperial mix that characterizes Canadian usage?
- How do I work with French text in English documents?
Which is right for you?
Need instant access to the most up-to-date Canadian style guide, written by experienced Canadian editors? Subscribe to our online edition.